Logan Insulating Service and its related companies, which are located in Logan, Ohio, offer the customer a complete range of insulating services and home energy solutions. We provide cellulose, fiberglass and foam insulation; insulation removal; and energy audits using blower door testing and infrared camera images – to help create a comfortable, affordable and year-round energy-efficient home. We serve 26 counties in Ohio as well as additional counties in West Virginia and Kentucky.
How It All Started
Logan Insulating Service (LIS) started in 1972 to insulate existing homes during the first energy crisis. The Kornmiller family purchased the business in 1982. David Kornmiller has owned and operated LIS since 2000.
Today – Three Different Companies
David Kornmiller has the following Master Certifications:
- Trade School (1979-1981)
- Machinist/Mold Maker, CAD/CNC (1980-2000)
- Quality Leadership Program, RCA (1990-2000)
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditor, RCA (1990-2000)
- COAD Blower Door Use Certified (2005)
- Snell Infrared Themography Certified – Level 1 (2005)
- Handi-Foam Magnum Certified (2007)
- CPI Wall Spray Foam Certified (2007)
- WDG Spray Foam Roofing Certified (2009)
- Certified Green Professional, NAHB (2009)
- INSUL SMART – CORE FOAM, CFI Foam (2009)
- EPA Lead Safe Certification (2010)
- Building Performance Institute, Building Analyst (2010)
- Building Performance Institute, Envelope Professional (2010)
- NAHB. Certified Green Professional (2010)
- Lapolla University, Retrofit Foam (2012)
- IECC Code Training (2006)(2009)(2012)
Logan Insulating Service (LIS) started in 1972 to insulate existing homes during the energy crisis. In 1982, after several years of working part-time for LIS, Larry Kornmiller bought the company. While still doing mostly retro-fit insulating in existing homes, LIS began to expand into the insulation of new homes and commercial insulation using blown fiberglass and fiberglass batts.
In the late 1980’s, we began a new process done in areas outside of Ohio called “wall spray.” This was the insulation of new construction with moist cellulose blown into the wall cavities before drywall was installed. “Wall spray” provides a continuous air seal and has a higher density and therefore a higher “effective R-value.” LIS began applying the new process in Athens County with the approval of a few wise building contractors. The process is now widely used and approved all over the United States.
In 2000, Larry’s son, David Kornmiller became owner of LIS, Inc. The company expanded to 26 Ohio counties, West Virginia and Kentucky.
LIS has added spray, injected and core foam to its energy-saving tool box along with fiberglass and cellulose. LIS provides a quality program with energy audits using Blower Door Testing and infrared camera images to help customers see and understand where their energy efficiency can be improved.
After more than 40 years, LIS is still moving forward to provide continuous comfort and energy savings year round with professionally installed insulation.
Contact us today for more information about our insulation and home energy solutions.